Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Roast Post!... Best Roast Ever!

One of our favorite cuts of meat is the Roast.  I find that it is easy to prepare and can be slow cooked in either the crockpot or the oven.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (2.5 lb) rump roast

  • 3 garlic cloves 

  • 1 tablespoon salt

  • 1 tablespoon pepper

  • 1 onion 

  • 1 cup water 


  • **Very Important!... Do not use a pyrex... Instead use a roasting pan like this one.
    Directions:
    1. You might use more salt and pepper.
    2. Pre-Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
    3. Prep the roast by making 4-5 slits in the roast and filling the holes with salt, pepper and 1/2 of a clove of Garlic.
    4. Now Salt and Pepper the rest of the roast.
    5. Put the Roast in the oven and sear for 20 minutes.
    6. Then add the water, the chopped onion and reduce the temperature to 275 degrees.
    7. Cook for 35 minutes per lb. I like mine medium so that is what you will get if you cook for this period of time.
    This is what it will look like when it comes out of the oven....



     
    Since it is just 2 of us we always have lots of leftovers... So always package, store and you'll have emergency protein in the fridge.



                                                        Thanks for reading.... Leave comments so I know you stopped by!... Also, if there are any recipes you want me to post from my photos on istagram, twitter, or facebook, please let me know and I'll be sure to post those first!...


    Happy Saturday,
    Marylin

    No comments:

    Post a Comment